It’s important to keep in mind that there are no standard prices that can be applied to different projects involving the purchase of a CNC lathe. In other words, there are different factors that directly affect the price and therefore make the investment you had in mind cheaper or more expensive.
In this article we are going to show and explain the main factors that influence the cost of CNC machinery and in particular CNC lathes, so that you can optimize your project to get the most out of it.
Read to the end and you will be more aware of the real cost of this type of project.
What is the price of CNC lathe?
Once you have decided to begin a new project, we suggest that before starting an investment of these characteristics, you should consider the following aspects:
- Know what is needed for your project
You should look at the type of part you want to machine as well as the material you are going to use. This will help you to establish the type of machine that best suits the needs of your business.
- Work with a reliable partner
If you want to save time and effort in the acquisition of CNC machinery for your project. A very interesting option is to work with a company specialized in the purchase and sale of second-hand CNC machinery. In addition, it would be recommended that the team has experience and knowledge of the industrial market.
Factors that determine how much does a CNC Lathe cost
It’s difficult to establish an exact price for CNC lathes. For this reason, we have made a classification of the elements that have the most influence when setting a price.
- Size of the machine (X/Y/Z travel)
- Weight of the machine. The heavier it is, the more rigid it will be.
- Speed (max rpm, tool change times)
- Country of manufacture (Germany, Japan, China, Taiwan)
- Extra equipment (coolant pressure, automatic tool changer, chip conveyor, robotic part loader, bar feeder, etc.)
Although buying a CNC lathe is a large investment, purchasing used machinery can reduce the cost considerably. We tell you about it below!
Buying Used CNC lathe
In secondhand machinery market, there are two determining factors that generate competitive advantages:
– Economic factor: Undoubtedly the main advantage that the second-hand market offers you is the price. You can get real bargains if you work with the right company.
– Time factor: Although it takes some time to find the CNC lathe that best suits your needs, the delivery time is only a few days, unlike new machinery, where delivery times vary from several months to more than a year.
However, as we have mentioned above, in order to take advantage of the secondhand market you must work with a reliable partner and a specialized company.
At 3Axisgroup we have professionals dedicated to the industrial machinery market for more than 20 years. In addition, we work with top manufacturing brands (DMG Mori, Mori Seiki, Deckel Maho, Mazak…) and 100% reliable machines. This means that we make sure that the CNC machine that you are going to acquire works constantly and that it operates correctly.
As you can read, there are many points to consider before making an investment of these characteristics. To answer to how much does a CNC lathe cost with certainty, we invite you to discover our Marketplace and ask for a quotation of the machine you want. Also, if you don’t know which is the one that best fits your needs, you can contact us and our team will help you choose the machine that best suits your business.